In the current financial market raising the funds to expand your business idea or launch a new product can be tricky. However, crowdfunding is becoming a popular choice for the businesses. There are a large number of online crowdfunding platforms that offer the chance to fund your business idea using the power of the community. One of the biggest benefits of the crowdfunding is the brand awareness pre launch the product and service and a strong market validation.
Anyone who is interested in funding can share the information on social media platforms by emailing, blogging, tweeting and sharing the links. Social networking platforms make it easy for the people to find your crowdfunding campaign and fund if they like your idea.
However, the question is how can you ensure that your crowdfunding campaign is a successful one? With more and more companies turning to crowdfunding platforms, you need to make sure that your campaign pitch should stand out from the crowd. Here is a guide including the best ways to make your crowdfunding campaign successful by leveraging the power of social media:
1. Plan Your Campaign Pitch
Crowdfunding campaign pitch that stands out from the crowd needs a lot of planning, and this is an important first step you can’t ignore. Plan carefully for the amount you want to raise, how you are going to raise this money and how would you use this money. How you are going to reward people who invest in your campaign? To create a good pitch, you need to provide info on the industry that your business is in and create a prediction report regarding growth and value of your idea.
2. Believe in Your Product
In general terms, it sounds very easy to say, but if you are passionate about your idea, this will shine through your campaign pitch. Attract people to find out more about you and your business idea, include as much information as you can about your idea and the product offering. Excite the audience through a well written script, with a well captured and edited video.
3. Make use of Images and Videos:
The pitch needs to be visually appealing if you are going to grab the attention of the people. Every time you reach a milestone, create customized, and eye-catching images as this will create a talking point for the potential backers. Social media makes it easier to leverage networks visually, platforms like Pinterest and Instagram gives you the opportunity to post interesting images of your campaign.
The use of Video adds alluring appeal ensuring people spending more time learning about your pitch. You should use the power of sites like YouTube and Vimeo to drive traffic from there to your crowdfunding campaign.
Social Media plays a vital role in the success of crowdfunding campaign. If used effectively, it can not only drive traffic but also increase the engagement of the people, which is a critical factor for crowdfunding. Here are some ideas to market your pitch effectively:
• Facebook & Twitter – Sharing regular posts on your Facebook and Twitter are most appropriate for your target audience. Facebook and Twitter are the good way to show that your campaign is widespread and driving traffic.
• Emailing: Sending messages and emails to your connections or contacts through emails, LinkedIn, Social Networking Groups and newsletter list shall also have a real impact.
• Ask people to share the pitch of your campaign. Create an image or video that people can host on their blog.
• Design a new web page on your website to tell people about your campaign and update them.
• Spread your pitch to the press. Start with the local newspapers then move to national press and industry publications and blogs. A well-written and gripping PR will go a long way in getting your idea heard.
Make sure that you respond to all the questions as soon as they are posted and keep in touch with your backers. You should also be active on your social media accounts and make sure you answer all the queries. If you keep in touch with your backers, it becomes easier to raise additional funds from the existing investors so always keep communicating with them.